I just got a mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD put in on the 30th and I had cramping but then it went away. It's back now but it's a lot worse and Advil isn't helping?

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Cramping

Cramping is common after insertion of an IUD.
Do you have a Mirena (levonorgestrel) or a Skyla?A Skyla is the choice if you have not had a baby. It is Mirena (levonorgestrel)'s little sister and is smaller and thus less likely to be expelled in those who have not had children. If your cramping is increasing, you should contact the person who inserted it to be sure there isn't a problem like infection or u aren't trying to expel it

In brief: Cramping

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Jane Van Dis