I have genetic disorder my husband has great genetics can his genes over power my bad ones if we have kids?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: Not enough info

what genetic disorder were you diagnosed with and what studies were performed? It appears you did not receive comprehensible genetic counseling from a qualified counselor. Was your husband screened for carrier status?please supply this information and I will be able to provide you with an informed analysis of your genetics status.

In brief: Not enough info

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Gentic disorders

It depends on the of gentic disorder, if it is autosomal dominant, the disease will show in the child even with one gene but if it is autosomal recessive, it needs 1 gene from each parent to show in the child, other genetic disorders are transmitted through the X chromosome, can b X linked recessive or dominant.
If you & your husband go for genetic counseling it might be helpful. Good luck

In brief: Gentic disorders

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Beast wiishes
Dr. Jane Van Dis