Had abliation and tubal in Jan 15. Bleeding is gone but PMS is still severe. Cant take any birth control. My doc says my ovaries need to come out.

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy

In brief: Alternatives

Removing the ovaries is extremely rare for PMS, it will throw you in to menopause which may be very problematic.
SSRIs may be used for PMS, also have you tried complementary approaches such as yoga, tai chi, acupuncture, dietary modifications, hydration, exercise?

In brief: Alternatives

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Mary David

In brief: Ablation

Unfortunately, PMS isn't changed by changing your bleeding although the ablation should help with dysmenorrhea ( period cramps).
There are many non- surgical and non-contraceptive things that can be tried for PMS. You might want to ask your doctor about these or look at the ACOG web site for patient information about the treatment of PMS. Hope this helps.

In brief: Ablation

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham