5 year old step-son has fever, projectile vomit, heart murmur (diagnosed this hospital stay), and now a rash what could it be?

Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Gastroenteritis

Most likely a viral gastroenteritis you need to take him to the hospital

In brief: Gastroenteritis

Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
3 comments
Dr. Louise Andrew
It could be a very serious infection and he is vulnerable with a heart murmur. Is he in the hospital now? Ask the physicians who are caring for him to explain what they believe is going on.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Same idea
Dr. Aaron Roland

In brief: Talk to his docs

Much as I would love to start guessing (guessing diagnoses based upon a very few symptoms is a game doctors play), a forum like this is not the place to get answers to this question.
Instead, ask his doctors. They should share with you what they are thinking. If they do not explain clearly, politely let them know that you do not understand and ask again.

In brief: Talk to his docs

Dr. Aaron Roland
Dr. Aaron Roland
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Same thinking
Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Frver, rash ht murmu

The combination of signs & symptoms your son has can be caused by several coditions, since he is aleady in the hospital, I'm sure the doctors are already doing all tests that can help reach a diagnosis.
I hope your son feels better soon. Talk to doctor in hospital may be he or she can give you an idea. Good luck.

In brief: Frver, rash ht murmu

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
How is your son now? I hope he is feeling better aleady.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian