Is it true that once you have MRSA you never get rid of it?

Dr. Omega Edwards, m.d.
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Decolonization

Talk to your doctor about MRSA decolonization.
I usually decolonize any patient that has a history of recurrent MRSA infections. I think decolonizing these patients will decrease the risk of them getting a repeat infection. My decolonization protocol includes the use of bactroban (mupirocin) and hibiclense. Sometimes we have to decolonize close contacts. Goc M.D. Or go2 D.O.

In brief: Decolonization

Dr. Omega Edwards, m.d.
Dr. Omega Edwards, m.d.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: MRSA

False. There are powerful antibiotics to kill the staph germ that's causing it.
Sulfa drugs, vancomycin, clindamycin, daptomycin, doxycycline, Linezolid have all been used successfully for this nasty infection.

In brief: MRSA

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt