2 yo - suspect he swallowed a small plastic toy, not positive. Woke up about 6 hrs later with a 101.5 temp, gas and says belly hurts. Related?

Could be. Need to see a doctor and possibly get X-rays to tell for sure.
UNLIKELY. Fortunately, we have a lot of experience with kids ingesting stuff, from dirt to toys to nuts and bolts and the like. Most that are smaller than a dime, will pass to the stomach and all the way through the digestive tract with no problem. I can't put a fever together with this event, must be an unrelated illness. Stewed okra fed to the kid will form a bond with the object and help it slide thru.