When I sit for to long my feet start to go numb I am under the impression that this is poor circulation what can I do to improve it.?

Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: May not be
Although circulatory problems may cause the symptoms you describe, you may also need to consider that sitting for a long time in the same position may be producing a compressive neurovascular problem. That is, sitting may be pressing on blood vessels or directly on nerves that then give you the sensation of numbness.
Changing positions, chair, adding a pillow, or getting up often may solve it.

In brief: May not be
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Loh is correct, especially if the feet are not involved in the same way.
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Probably not
Probably it's not a circulation, but more of nerve/s impingement -- so just get up and walk around more -- also walking exercise daily is good for general health and weight management -.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Numb
Probably more likely nerve compression perhaps lower back Numbness is usually not the primary symptom off vascular disease Also vascular disease is usually improved with sitting and worse with activity

In brief: Numb
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel