My child has had strep throat 6 times in less then a year what can I do ?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Recurring Strep

Greetings. It sounds like your child meets the criteria for tonsillectomy possible adenoidectomy.
It would all depend on your ENT doctor's examination. Often times the bacteria live on or within the tonsil itself. Tonsil removal interrupts the lymphatic circle in the back of the mouth that connects to the tongue, adenoids and throat. After removal the bacteria load is decreased as is inflammation.

In brief: Recurring Strep

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: See ENT

Documented strep over 6 times in one year may be an indication for a tonsillectomy.
See an ENT doctor and all the best.

In brief: See ENT

See an ENT doctor and all the best.
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Shontae Buffington