Hi I have had a clicking throat my doctor said its due to anxiety as I had a bad flu and sinus that's all better now. How can I settle this all down?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Clicking in throat

May be globus pharynis caused by asymmetric laryngeal anatomy abrading against thyroid cartilage.
May be due to GERD. If you palpation on the side of the pain when swallowing and can reproduce the click, crepitus, pain is diagnostic. May need CT f/u w/ ENT Clicking in Throat? Cinematic fiction or fact Smith, Marshall et al Arch Ototlaryngol Head and Neck surgery 2001127 1129-1131

In brief: Clicking in throat

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Very helpful to have such knowledgeable and generous specialist advice!
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Ask for more

If you usually like your Dr, give it another shot to ask for help w/ anxiety treatment - a referral to a psychotherapist who might evaluate your possible anxiety and either teach skills to manage it or suggest some Rx from your Dr. If you feel ignored, try all of this w/ a new Dr. It's important to trust your PCP and there are many.
Best!

In brief: Ask for more

Best!
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. William Forsythe