My heel hurts when i wake up every morning , but it gets better after half hr , but pain whenever i m seated for more than half hr . What is the cause?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

There are many potential causes, but probably the most common is plantar fasciitis.
Stretching out the plantar fascia and possibly using an NSAID are good initial attempts to treat it. If it does not get better, a night splint can help.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Seth Steber
Podiatry

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

What you're describing is classic planter fasciitis.
You can look this up online. You should do calf stretching, massage the plantar fascia ligament and take anti-inflammatory medication if you can.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Seth Steber
Dr. Seth Steber
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Stress Damage.

Your question seems to imply that this pain has been going on for more than a couple of days.
I would consider it more of a chronic condition rather than an acute one. The pain is usually because you are over using the foot. The tissues are being stressed and causing the pain. Try staying off it and resting it as much as possible. Heat will deliver more blood, oxygen, proteins to heal the damage.

In brief: Stress Damage.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Andrea Brand