I am about 4 weeks pregnant and I am prescribed 30mg of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) twice a day. Am I at risk for miscarriage if I have taken it?

Dr. Cassandra Hornbuckle

In brief: Pregnancy risk

When did you stop taking the medicine? If you have already stopped chances are it has not contributed to an issue this pregnancy.
Keep in mind that 30% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, so if you do miscarry it is likely not a result of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) use. This may be an issue later in pregnancy so this medicine is best not taken during pregnancy. Discuss this with your OB provider at your next visit.

In brief: Pregnancy risk

Dr. Cassandra Hornbuckle
Dr. Cassandra Hornbuckle
Dr. Adam Levy