How often and how long is it OK to have TMJ disorder before I should seek help? I get TMJ a few times a year and now it's been twenty days Ive had it.

In brief: It is time to see

oral surgeon , now innovative treatment techniques are available, speak to your dentist first to guide your treatment and no need to suffer .

In brief: It is time to see

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Now

TMJ problems can become problematic as time passes.
For best results, see a TMJ-orofacial specialist for advice. If treated early, can be controlled. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.

In brief: Now

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Adam Smith