Hello. I was diagnosed with costochondritis and possibly pleurisy on June 9 and have not been able to manage the pain since. It is stabbing pain in my entire ribcage and the Prednisone that I was prescribed to reduce inflammation is only making me very le

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Costochondritis

If you have a definite tender area at the rib and sternum junction,apply warm applications,pat dry and apply ligament like bengay.
Avoid stressing the rib cage from stretching,lifting,etc. While on prednisone you can take Tylenol (acetaminophen) but you should not take nsaids like Aleve which I found more effective than oral prednisone. Injection of lidocaine and steroids into the area may help. ?Rheumatologist

In brief: Costochondritis

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine