In 72'-74', I was on a U.S Navy ship, which was full of asbestos. In 05', I was diagnosed with that left lung nodule. May this have caused my nodule?

Pathology

In brief: You're still alive

If the nodule was found ten years ago, and you had no illness as a result, then this is not cancer.
If it were cancer, you might have a pretty good case. I'm glad it's not. Asbestosis itself presents as diffuse thickening of the lung texture, or of the pleural surfaces. Most lung nodules in non-smokers (hope that's you) are old histoplasmosis, which is harmless. Thanks for your service.

In brief: You're still alive

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology