I have a white spot on my inner lip of my mouth. It's been there for a few days. It feels like a cut and hurts when I touch it. Should I be concerned? Anything I can do to stop the discomfort?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Don't worry

probably canker sore.
Self limiting. Try dabbing on a little Bezocaine in Orabase (OTC) with a Q-tip. Take Ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin. Should be gone in 7-10 days. The caveat is any white spy that persists beyond 2 weeks should be evaluated by your Dentist.

In brief: Don't worry

probably canker sore.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman

In brief: Lidocaine ointment

This could be chancre sore or herpes ulcer or just traumatic injury to tissue.
OTC lidocaine ointment like orajel can help but these usually resolve by themselves in a few days. Check with your dentist if it persists

In brief: Lidocaine ointment

Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry

In brief: Likely an ulcer

Could be a number of things but most commonly is an apthous ulcer.
These generally resolve within 10-14 days on their own. If it doesn't start to get better after 1-2 weeks you should see a doctor. They can be pretty tender and painful for a few days, a topical anesthetic from your local pharmacy may give you temporary relief for a few minutes at a time which may help when eating. Best of luck!

In brief: Likely an ulcer

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
It helps to avoid salty foods,acidic foods (like oranges, orange juices) & Fizzy drinks (containing carbonic acid and-are likely to burn). All alkali foods (like milk and milk products) will be easily handled. It is sometimes advisable to temporarily (1week) stop brushing one's teeth as that may aggravate the ulcer- using toothpaste on finger to rub teeth clean and gargles to keep mouth clean.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Mouth sore

this area should heal in about a week to 10 days.
In the meantime avoid hard crunchy and spicy foods that irritate the area. OTC canker sore medications. Can help the area feel better

In brief: Mouth sore

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Probable canker sore

topical lidocaine or Ambesol should help.
So does local application of Pepto-Bismol and eating yogurt.

In brief: Probable canker sore

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No problem

Probably an aphthous ulcer(cancer sore.
Last 10 -14 days. Try OTC gels from pharmacy. If it fails to resolve see your dentist.

In brief: No problem

Probably an aphthous ulcer(cancer sore.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia

In brief: Apthous lesion

This is probably an aphthous ulcer(cancer sore).
They last 10 -14 days. If it fails to resolve see your dentist.

In brief: Apthous lesion

Dr. Richard Durando
Dr. Richard Durando
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly see a denti

It sounds like a small cut or bite.
If it doesn't heal in about a week, see your dentist.

In brief: Possibly see a denti

It sounds like a small cut or bite.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dentistry

In brief: Canker sore?

Lot's of possibilities here: could be a cut, like you implied or a canker sore / aphthous ulcer, or multiple other things.
Consider having a doctor of dentist look at it now. If it's unresolved after a few weeks, you' need to see a professional.

In brief: Canker sore?

Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Cold Sore

Chloraseptic liquid will make it feel better. Don't use benzocaine which might burn the tissue and delay healing

In brief: Cold Sore

Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Jack Hinkle