Over the counter treatment for trichy? Without a prescription.

Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: Trichomoniasis (?)

If you are asking about treatment for trichomoniasis (commonly known as: Trich), a common sexually transmitted disease (STD), there is no over-the-counter treatment available.
Trich requires treatment with a specific antibiotic, metronidazole (Flagyl). It is the only drug that should be used to treat trichomoniasis. If you think you may have trich, you should be tested and treated appropriately.

In brief: Trichomoniasis (?)

Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Trichy? or itchy?

When I 1st read your question, I thought you were looking for OTC non-prescription treatment for itch, in which case there are plenty of antihistamines available.
But if you're looking for treatment for trichomoniasis, which is an infection, there are no OTC antibiotics, at least not in States, so you'll need to see your Family Doc or STD clinic. Bad news, STDs travel in packs so if you have one..

In brief: Trichy? or itchy?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Jane Van Dis