I've had foot nail fungus for more than a year I used medicines prescribed by my doctor but nothing has happened How to cure foot nail fungus?

Dr. David Kahan
Podiatry

In brief: Nail Fungus Cure?

First off let me tell that you that "curing" fungus is a difficult thing to do.
Much like a common cold, once it goes away, it can come back. There are some instances where oral antifungals (is that what your doctor prescribed for you?) will not eradicate the "fungus." If that is the case with you, the doctor should send out a sample of the nail to confirm that it is actually fungus.

In brief: Nail Fungus Cure?

Dr. David Kahan
Dr. David Kahan
2 comments
Dr. Louise Andrew
A new treatment that is available and actually is effective is treatment with laser. Mostly only podiatrists know about and are using this, but some dermatologists may also be.
Dr. Richard Roberts
Another new treatment is a topical antifungal medicine currently being heavily advertised on TV. The cost is between $500-600/bottle! A less-known therapy is painting the affected nail daily with tincture of iodine. It requires about a year's treatment for a big toenail to grow out healthy.

In brief: Medications

There are a number of different medications that may be prescribed to treat toe nail fungus.
The oral medications are often the strongest but can be more expensive & have more potential for side effects. I don't know how apt medical providers in Britain are to try that route. Would discuss further with your physician. There is a new medication that can be painted on nails that is an option too.

In brief: Medications

3 comments
Dr. Louise Andrew
And laser treatments. Don't know whether they are available in U.K. for this purpose as yet. Go online or ask a foot specialist.
Dr. Richard Roberts
The topical new treatment is a topical antifungal medicine currently being heavily advertised on TV in the US--and the cost is between $500-600/bottle! A less-known therapy is painting the affected nail daily with tincture of iodine. It requires about a year's treatment for a big toenail to grow out healthy.