I've broken the fibula bone and am in a walking brace support. I feel my ankle is better and want to start driving again. What do you advise?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: You Car Can Wait.

The fact that your ankle is feeling better is testimony to the effective way your fracture has been treated to date.
There is a defined period of time that must pass to meet the demands of a healing bone. To alter your treatment plan on your own is a mistake. It would be best to ask your doctor.

In brief: You Car Can Wait.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 9 weeks post injury

There was one report in the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery regarding driving after ankle fractures and the conclusion was that breaking strength isn't strong enough until 9 weeks post-injury.

In brief: 9 weeks post injury

Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. Andrea Brand