Every now and then my right knee goes numb and I can bend my knee that much. It lasts around 5 minutes. I injured it a year ago or more. Any ideas? Ta

Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Just the knee numb?

Nerves to the knee basically broken down into those that come from behind the knee (articular branches of the tibial and obterator nerves) and those that come from the front (articular branches of femoral, common peroneal and saphenous nerves).
Would need full history and good exam to try and determine where the issue might be. List off possible causes long. Best to see your doctor. best of luck

In brief: Just the knee numb?

Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine