I jammed my toe hard about a week ago. While it doesn't hurt much anymore, it's still stiff and swollen. Is this normal or may it be broken?

Dr. John Feola

In brief: R/O STRESS FRACTURE

You need to rule out a stress fracture of the toe/foot.
You need an exam and Xray . If negative a bone scan is indicated. It takes awhile to heal and you may need pain medication and close follow up. If healing is delayed you can have PRP = PLATELET RICH PLASMA TO EXPEDITE HEALING.

In brief: R/O STRESS FRACTURE

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Toe jammed

If still stiff and swollen and unchanged would get an xray to check for fracture, though usually fractures even a week out are associated with pain.

In brief: Toe jammed

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology