My 6 month old baby boy has a very hot head and he sweats a lot. I checked with doctor he says its normal. But I m worried.is it normal?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Check

Check his temperature in his bottom. If this is normal, make sure his environment is cool.
Babies generally sweat to remove excess heat from their bodies. All the best.

In brief: Check

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox

In brief: It happens

A babies head is often about 20% of their body surface compared to 5% in adults.
When their body wants to release extra metabolic heat, it usually goes to the skin surface, and the head is an easy outlet. What you are finding is normal for a little kid.

In brief: It happens

Dr. Jonathan Jassey