Struggling with GERD and the anxiety attacks associated with it more then 10 years. I end up with gastritis from neglecting my diet often. Normal?

Seek help. You should see a board certified gastroenterologist for the GERD. Thre are many effective medicines that will allow you to control the GERD. For the anxiety you should be seeing a mental health professional who specializes in treating anxiety disorder. Both conditions are manageable.
Therapy? Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Anxiety can produce. digestive disorders. Start eating a healthy diet w/lots of various colored bright fruits and vegetables and good fat. Take lots of DGL, a natural supplement from licorice to help w/your GERD. Good prognosis. Peace and good health.