37 weeks pregnant usg acc to period date 38wk.baby head mobile cervix length 3.7 cm. Doc says this is reason to go for c sec in 38/39 week.needed?wait

Dr. Heather Bartos

In brief: Reason for csec?

KhU--what is the reason for the csec? Cervical length is not usually something we do cesareans for--if this is your first baby, you may not "thin out" until the very end.
Now, we do not define a term pregnancy until 39 weeks. And post-term or "late" pregnancy is not until 42 weeks. I would advise waiting for now unless there are other indicators that things are wrong with the pregnancy.

In brief: Reason for csec?

Dr. Heather Bartos
Dr. Heather Bartos
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham