Is it unusual to have blurred vision after using a cold compress? I used a cold compress one night and the next day I had blurred vision for 12 hrs.

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Yes,

Applying both cold or heat ( for too long can cause more tissue damage to that area.
The general rule of thumb is: apply cold or heat for 30 minutes at a time then off for an hour. Some experts say on for 20 minutes, especially on more sensitive or damaged areas, like eyes. If you used it less than that, then that is not a usual reaction at all. Get checked by an eye doc either way.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Arnon Rubin