How to cleanse your liver?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Avoid meds/booze!

To improve liver functioning, stop alcohol and any recreational drug abuse.
Avoid a lot of supplements and over the counter meds. Take meds only as prescribed. There is no way to detoxify using any supplement that promises to "clean your liver." Ads that say their diet or supplement will do so are all a bunch of malarkey.

In brief: Avoid meds/booze!

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Liver "cleanse"?

I'M ALL FOR IT IF by "cleanse" you mean adopting a healthy lifestyle with routine exercise, cutting out tobacco, reducing alcohol & sugary drinks, minimizing highly processed foods & fats, & adding in lean proteins, whole fruits, vegetables, & nuts.
DON'T DO IT IF instead you mean taking some fad diet, enema, colonic, or purgative to lose weight or supposedly rid your body of unspecified "toxins."

In brief: Liver "cleanse"?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano