Hi, what is the most effective treatment to lighten Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation/ dark spots on face due to acne. Thanks?

Manage the acne. Depigmentation bleach creams like hydroquinone risk disfiguring you. At age 17, you have a duty to yourself to take charge of treating your acne. It's a chronic, non-lifeastyle-related disease that will remit on its own when it decides to, and that you should treat aggressively until then. If topical benzoyl peroxide has not cleared you in two weeks, you'll need your physician's prescription Rx.
See a dermatologist. Most important= control acne. May require oral therapy. Protect from UV with sunscreen every AM. Retinoid every night: tretinoin or adapalene. Patience. Will need months, probably years, but, with treatment you will look good. Avoid harsh scrubbing which aggravates post-inflammatory pigment. Acne is not a hygiene problem. Even blackheads are not dirt. Not a diet problem, not a stress problem. Not.