Husband has liver disease. AST, ALT blood work is normal. Since these tests check for liver disease is it odd that the blood work is normal?

No, that's common. You list alcoholic hepatitis as a diagnosis. If Hubby has recovered from alcoholic hepatitis, then the AST and ALT will be normal again. There may be scarring (cirrhosis, even) but if he's sobered up, the enzymes will be normal anyway. Anybody can raise their enzymes by being drunk for a few days without actual liver disease worth diagnosis. Glad he's better; hope he thanks you.