I have lost my voice for two months. it started with pharyngitis. my tooth was extremely sore too. A few weeks ago... I found out my tooth was abscessed. It was removed yesterday and I was given antibiotics? Will my voice come back? Is it likely the infec

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

I don't believe that the two incidences are related.
However, never say never. Connections, relations and influences may not be understood at this time. Your voice may return to normal since the infection is under control. Inflammation can be disrupt or alter the sound of voice. If not call your MD for a referral. Good luck.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash

In brief: See ENT

Does not appear to be related.
Did you see an ENT? The tooth was extracted and an antibiotic given, now get a treatment plan to replace the missing tooth to avoid additional problems.

In brief: See ENT

Does not appear to be related.
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Unrelated

Probably unrelated to tooth.
More likely to pharyngitis. Voice should return to normal. If persists, see ENt doc.

In brief: Unrelated

Probably unrelated to tooth.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine