Can Abilify (aripiprazole) (15 mg/day) cause shortness of breath. On it for mood disorder for the past 16 days. was upped to 15 mg a week ago.

Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Unlikely, but possib

It isn't really a known side effect, and it is hard to see how it might do that.
But it is possible that it is an unusual manifestation of a known side effect. The details would tell. So speak to the prescribing doctor.

In brief: Unlikely, but possib

Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Possible

Possible though not common side effect.
Answer would be if gradually lowering dose lessens shortness of breath. Please discuss with prescribing doctor. If you had sob before taking Abilify, (aripiprazole) make sure you get seen by pcp to evaluate. I hope this helps.

In brief: Possible

Possible though not common side effect.
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology