I have tickling sensation in my right foot in the night .. it is so annoying and i can't fall asleep for hours.. please help. i am female 21 years old.

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Neurologic

You may have Restless Leg Syndrome with a slightly atypical presentation.
It is neurologic and the "typical" complaint is the feeling of having to constantly move the legs around in order to feel comfortable and get to sleep. There are non prescription as well as prescription interventions that can help. A complete history, exam and lab testing can support the diagnosis. It can be managed.

In brief: Neurologic

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. David Keller
Restless leg syndrome is one possibility, but other diagnoses should be considered, such as peripheral neuropathy, low-grade zoster neuritis and a fungal dermatitis of the right sole. Before starting the patient on a dopamine agonist for RLS, check the right sole for ringworm, which may respond to a topical azole.