Can I take Dilaudid and Percocet together? The Dilaudid alone is not working. I have a high tolerance to pain meds due to many chronic illnesses.

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: Dilaudid /percocet

In my opinion no.
Both are short acting and it makes no sense to take two short acting medications together. I would ask why you are not on a long acting baseline medication given your chronic illnesses?

In brief: Dilaudid /percocet

In my opinion no.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
2 comments
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
It is time to get off the Pain medicine by behavioral therapy.
Dr. Stephen Watson
As above, 2 short acting narcotics at same time not rationale therapy in most instances. Secondly, in case of patient admitting to "high tolerance to many pain meds," you have to consider that the patient may have problem of excess use/misuse, innapropriate narcotic use (muscular/soft tissue pain origin/better treatment other RX class), pseudoaddiction, hyperalgesia. Needs M.D. formal evaluation
Dr. Vikram Patel