What is your opinion on inversion tables and back pain from degenerative disk desease?

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Carries risks

Inversion tables can provided temporary relief from low back pain due to decreasing gravitational pressure off of the discs/nerves.
Studies have not shown longterm benefit. There are serious risks involved and should not be used if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, glaucoma, are pregnant to name a few. Talk to your doctor regarding risks/benefits.

In brief: Carries risks

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Disk pain

I have one and it helps me.
Be careful with it and do it for just a minute or two until you get use to it. I would ask your dr. If it is okay. Inversion may help decompress the disks resulting in some relief. Good luck.

In brief: Disk pain

I have one and it helps me.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Inverson tables

They can help to temporarily relieve back pain but generally works only while on the table i often recommend patients go to a back store and try them out if they like it take it home works as a form of traction that you can get at home better than hanging from boots.
Most likley to give temporary relief no permanent changes in disk not all degenerative discs are symptomatic

In brief: Inverson tables

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Eric Weisman