I am taking a low dose of xanax (alprazolam) but lately feel depressed and crying. What antidepressant is ok. Tried both wellbutrin and prozac with bad side effect?

Unanswerable. Xanax, (alprazolam) like all benzodiazepines, can increase symptoms of depression, although it is somewhat less likely to do that than other benzos in most people. This is a question for a psychiatrist or other mental health prescriber to answer, based on the kind of depression, its severity, exactly what side effects you had, how long you used them for and many other factors. Get advice in person, not online.
Can try others. SSRIs -sertraline, mirtazapine, citalopram, fluvoxamine, escitalopram SNRIs - duloxetine, venlafaxine, desvenlafaxine older group of TCAs, amitryptiline, imipramine, clomipramine, doxepin be sure you are staying with one drug long enough and the dose is up without causing side effects.