I am in pain. My crown needs replacing and nerve is exposed. Went to dentist yesterday. He told me to come back Tues. To fix tooth. Temporary relief?

OTC Meds will help! If you are able to take anti-inflammatory medication, an over the counter dose of ibuprofen in the recommended amount and at the recommended interval will really help give you some relief. If the nerve is inflamed this will reduce your pain. Also, I recommend avoiding temperature extremes in your food as well as calling your dentist if symptoms get worse.
OTC. OTC pain Meds may help. 1 200mg Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) is 40% more effective than 2 250mg acetaminophen (Tylenol). Do not overdose. Take exactly as per package directions. If this doesn't take the edge off, call your Dentist.
Pain. The best I cnn suggest is Aleeve 200 mg every 12 hours or Tylinol 500 mg two every 8 hours.