Just swallowed two earring instead of two pills.. Should I go to the ER? I am nervous now!!

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Many!

First, it is important to find out if there is a physical reason for impotence.
This requires a history and physical examination by your doc, with appropriate testing. If a physical cause is found, like a hormonal imbalance, then treatment helps. You may be referred to a urologist. If there is no apparent physical cause, which is not infrequently the case, then psychological issues possible.

In brief: Many!

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Oops! I thought I was answering a different question! But if your earrings are pure gold or silver, and not contain some metal that may contain lead, you don't need to go to the ER, if you feel fine. Call your doc for advice. If you have trouble swallowing, breathing or abdominal pain, though, go to the ER. Poison control may be helpful, calling them is not a bad idea.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine