Hello I jumped wel playing basketball the exactly a week ago and I have sharp pain on the bottom / lower left side of my heal on my right foot. Noticed some bruising and been icing as much as I can. Any other suggestion? I can walk on my front of the foo

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: HEEL INJURY

YOU MAY HAVE A SPRAIN OR A TEAR OF ONE OF THE LIGAMENTS IN YOUR FOOT.
SEE YOUR PCP AND HE OR SHE MAY REFER YOU TO AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. OR HE MAY SEND YOU TO THE X-RAY DEPARTMENT TO MAKE SURE NO BONES WERE BROKEN. DO IT RIGHT AWAY AND NO RUNNING FOR A WHILE. BEST LUCK.

In brief: HEEL INJURY

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Exam

you may have fractured or bruised your heel bone ( calcaneus)-get examined and make sure you are x- rayed.
OK to use OTC Aleve (naproxen) or Advil if not allergic to the medications. I would recommend a podiatry evaluation/consultation.

In brief: Exam