Normally I have a light period flow but this time its heavy and clotty and I feel weak. Im anemic and I heard this was a serious symptom. What to do?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Go to ER
If you are bleeding so much you feel weak, and are already anemic, you should go to the emergency room to get checked out by a doctor. Make sure you let the er staff know that you have a history of anemia, review your symptoms with them, and tell them about your overly heavy periods.
They may have you see a gynecologist when you are there.

In brief: Go to ER
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Go to see your MD
Go to see your doctor for further evaluation.
Also need to get some blood work to see if you are anemic and to figure out the cause- which in your case probably related to your heavy bleeding- check your iron level and thyroid level importantly. If your menses continue to be heavy- need to see your gynecologist to evaluate the cause of heavy menses. Good luck.

In brief: Go to see your MD
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Adam Levy