Diagnosed with LPR in Jan. On Nexium, (esomeprazole) Ranitidine & low acid diet but still get flareups of mucus. Anything else to take for symptoms?Mucinex or other?

Dr. Murray Grossan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Elevation of the bed

With LPR you will benefit by raising head of bed so acid doesn't come up to throat.
Check diet diary to see if a food sensitivity / allergy is present. Are you snoring? Snoring adds to reflux significantly. Check out exercises for snoring at www.grossaninstitute.com Take probiotic. My patients add papain / bromelain to digestion (no scientific proof of this but in theory it reduces inflammation

In brief: Elevation of the bed

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology