I have diagnosed with a 3 mm lingular nodule probably representing granuloma. Mild fibrotic changes at the left lung base. Is this something I should worry about?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Need to follow up

Follow up checks with X-Ray /CT scan is advised to be certain that it does not grow in size.
Most likely it is benign in which case it will remain inactive and not grow in size. Unless you have watched/monitored it for the next 2-3 years, there will remain some concern that it could be an early form of lung Cancer although it is not very likely to be.

In brief: Need to follow up

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology