I have major depression and complex PTSD. Sister w/ schizophrenia & bipolar lives w/ me temporarily. I feel this too unhealthy 4 me to have her here?

Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Life crisis..

Agree with your instinct that your sister's illness may be overwhelming and pull you both downwards.
You need support to help you decide how long she can live with you and how to help her with living arrangements thereafter. Discuss with your therapist/psychiatrist and your sister's therapist/psychiatrist with her permission. If necessary, find another doctor/therapist to guide you. Best wishes.

In brief: Life crisis..

Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Identify resources

Pleased to hear you recognize personal limits.
Would like to know what temporary equates to (a week, month, year?). Suggestion is: 1) identify personal coping resources to manage the situation until resolved, and 2) identify resources (ie, other family, support, or health care providers) that could assist in making plans and resolving the situation. Available for consultation if needed. Be well.

In brief: Identify resources

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: DEPRESSION

Get an evaluation from a psychiatrist to help identify what depression means to you and whatever else may be bothering you.
Consider recommendations for medication if any are given. Get a referral for a reputable psychotherapist to speak with. Meds and therapy combined are most optimal; no just one or the other.

In brief: DEPRESSION

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman