I am unable to focus on my studies and my academic grades are deteriorating. I sleep a lot and constantly fall asleep during study sessions. Help?

In brief: It is a good sign

You are seeking for help, obvious you are having depression with proper help you will turn into best student , even possible you could be valedictorian of your class only if you work for it , speak to your parents , to help you get the professional help , and right counseling

In brief: It is a good sign

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
3 comments
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Avoid alcohol for a while, it is a depressant. Stay away from recreational drugs as while, which will help nothing.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Rao, is correct! It is worthwhile to have a physical too, by your doc, to make sure you don't have a physical reason for your symptoms, like thyroid hormone dysfunction. Do get checked! You'll get on track again quicker, as soon as people who are experts at this are involved.