I have a small painful (almost stinging) bump on my left index finger it is flesh coloured and really can only be felt. I noticed it this morning. then there was a painless pinkish light coloured right above the knuckle of that index finger that i notice

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: PAINFUL FINGER BUMP

WITHOUT SEEING OR FEELING THIS BUMP, IT'S HARD TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY THIS IS.
WHILE IT DOES NOT SOUND DANGEROUS OR SERIOUS, PLEASE SEE YOUR PCP. HE OR SHE MIGHT HAVE A SOLUTION. IF NOT, THESE DOCTORS WILL REFER YOU TO THE APPROPRIATE SPECIALIST, LIKE A DERMATOLOGIST OR A HAND SURGEON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION.

In brief: PAINFUL FINGER BUMP

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Bump

Observe it for now.
If it get larger or the redness increases have it seen. It may be related to trauma or a bite or something that went through the skin. Keep it clean and try polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin). All the best.

In brief: Bump

Observe it for now.
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox