Hi I have a question 4 years ago I broke cfl light bulb by accident I was wondering what effect will it do to me because when it I had symptoms of chest tightness and breathing problems to this day I still have bit of chest tightness I am scared that I ha

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Anxiety, not the CFL

Chances of having symptoms from 1 CFL bulb are miniscule.
.. laughably remote. It's much more likely that coincidentally the bulb broke and u experienced chest tightness & shallow breathing (symptoms of a panic attack or anxiety disorder) at the same time. If u r not under treatment, the panic attacks can continue, in abbreviated form, until u do get it diagnosed & treated properly. TTYD about it.

In brief: Anxiety, not the CFL

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology