Fell and scraped my hand on a trail. Then, dumbly, used hand to dust off seat of my pants, when I had been sitting everywhere including a hospital. What's the worst that can happen? HIV, hepatitis, other infection?

Pathology

In brief: You're fine, buddy

You're not going to get HIV, hepatitis, herpes or anything else.
I'm pleased you're out exercising. Household contacts of folks with these diseases who aren't having close contact (sex in the case of HIV and hepatitis, at least kissing for herpes) just don't get them. You're a big, tough man now. Don't let these fantasy, internet-misinformation fears keep you from leading a fulfilled life.

In brief: You're fine, buddy

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Likely nothing

It is highly unlikely that would contract an infection this way unless you were hiking in the tropics.
If the wound does gets infected, then you will need to see a doctor to make that it is MRSA (hospital setting) but this would be an unlikely event. Be sure to get a Tdap booster.

In brief: Likely nothing

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Arnon Rubin