What can cause sore on the tip of the tongue with common cold, not trauma, herpes or canker sore?

BMS tongue . In patients with BMS, the most prevalent site with burning sensations was the tongue, especially on the tip. The syndrome mostly affects women after age 40. .
Apthous Ulcer. the cold may have triggered a T-cell response resulting in an aphthous ulcer possibly secondary to a mild trauma on the tip of the tongue. If the ulcer persists more than 10 days have it biopsied. Other possibilities: monilia, neoplasm.