How do I keep myself from fainting due to low blood pressure? Im 292lbs so I try to avoid salt at all costs.

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Perhaps too low salt

You don't have to severely restrict salt intake unless you have water retention from heart problems.
If it is okay with your doctor, increase your salt intake modestly to see if you can avoid fainting spells. Wearing support stockings or an abdominal binder may also help.

In brief: Perhaps too low salt

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Keep hydrated

The weight does not require you to reduce salt -- yes, you need to work with your doctor about the weight management, but you need to keep hydrated and the regular salt intake will keep your blood volume necessary for normal organ perfusion (especially the brain) -.

In brief: Keep hydrated

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine