Muticystic pattern in overies means am i suffering with pcod? Both are same or not?My overy size is 4*2.8cm. I don't hav any symptoms of pcos.

Dr. Collin Smikle

In brief: PCOS

Multicystic ovaries relates to the description noted at the time of an ultrasound of the ovaries.
Although a majority of patients with pcos will have multicystic appearing ovaries, this is also a normal finding in many younger women with normal menstrual cycles as well. If there are other physical signs and/or symptoms that are associated with the findings, then the diagnosis may be pcos.

In brief: PCOS

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham