My four year old has been getting nosebleeds lately, as have I. We live in the desert, the a/c is on. Can we use Vaseline in our nostrils?

Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Epistaxis

Nose bleed could be due to dryness of nasal mucosa due to exessive heat, Vaseline might help, also saline nasal gel, please do not use saline nasal spray, it can wash the blood clots off & cause bleeding, you both should be checked by your doctor or ENT & have blood work to find the cause of the bleeding .
The Dr may cauterization the areas of bleeding. To stop bleeding pinch the nose &bend down

In brief: Epistaxis

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Shontae Buffington