Can I use a shower head to flush out a small foreign object in my eye?

In brief: I would never

You can wet a Q-tip and place the wet end near the object & then gently tease it off the eye.
If it will not move, you need to go to an urgent care clinic so they can extract it. An alternative might be using a big bottle of artificial tears to squirt at/flush the object. You cannot control the flow or direction of a showerhead & are likely to do more harm than good.

In brief: I would never

Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Foreign body in eye

The best way to to flush a foreign body from your eye is to completely fill a cup with water & blink your eye in it several times on top of the sink until you see it in the cup, the shower head might be too strong for your eye.
If this fails please see your doctor or an ophthalmologist. Good luck

In brief: Foreign body in eye

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Arnon Rubin