Was on Adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) stopped & was diagnosed bipolar and skizo-affective. I'm being treated but I still suffer from ADHD. Doc. Ignores me what should I do?

Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Talk to doctor

The "affective" part in schizoaffective disorder includes mood symptoms seen in bipolar disorder.
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is a stimulant which can trigger anxiety, mania and psychosis to which you seem vulnerable. Talk with your doctor to clarify your diagnosis and to get a better explanation of why no Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) for you. Ask about alternative meds and strategies for your ADHD.

In brief: Talk to doctor

Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster